New York Fashion Week is around the corner, and while many may think it’s an easy, breezy, uber-glamorous week of strutting out of towncars and into shows, that couldn’t be further from the truth.
For most editors, writers, and photographers the reality is more along the lines of subways, running, rushing, and waiting.
The days are also dusk-to-dawn with non-stop shows, presentations, and events – and of course, writing and filing stories and images in between.
Given that most of us have no time to change amidst the chaos, dressing for style, convenience, and day-to-night is key.
To get you through the day, here our handbag essentials to keep you organized and pretty.
1. A large on-trend or classic bag with room for laptop and an extra pair of shoes is key.
This particular one is a tried and true style from Givenchy that’s roomy and designed to keep you organized.
2. Laptop, preferably a light one so you can write on-the-go.
3. Water and some snacks (these can usually be picked up relatively easily at the show venue).
4. Notebooks, so you can scribble down your thoughts. Although you think you’ll remember it all, things tend to muddle together in your brain fairly quickly. Make sure it looks chic (when stressed, it’s the little things that make us smile), and sturdy so it doesn't fall apart.
5. Bumble & Bumble Hair Powder – perfect for a quick hair pick-me-up.
6. MAC Superglass – we've found that a perfect lip can overshadow quite a lot (think baggy eyes).
9. Credit Card holder – preferably one with multiple pockets to keep things organized.
10. Any reliable pen.
11. Blackberry, mirror, and NYFW's must-reads: WWD and The Daily.