As we bid adieu to January, February brings with it a month of warm and fuzzies, where love is in the air and cupid has an excess supply of arrows that he isn't afraid to use. I am, of course, talking about the impending Valentine's Day and now that we've talked makeup for the most romantic night of the year, it's time to think about smoking clothing and gifts that will make any recipient catch their breath.
With more first-to-Canada retailers than any other shopping district, I suggest hitting up Yorkdale shopping centre for the perfect Valentine’s Day look for date night, or fashion-forward gifts that will make any Valentine swoon. What's more, to help you with this mission, the Yorkdale Style Council (yes, they have a council and it includes Nelia Belkova, Julio Reyes and MT Meikle) have helpfully put together a one-stop gift guide as follows:
For your sweetie: Nelia Belkova’s pick (fashion blogger, Styleblog.ca)
1. Wear: For a sweet and sexy Valentine’s Day, look no further than Kate Spade New York’s brand new capsule collection from Lake & Stars, launching in February. Nelia’s pick is the deliciously feminine silk chemise (kate spade new york, hammered silk chemise, $248, only at Yorkdale Shopping Centre).
2. Gift: Nelia suggests that your sweetheart will love this tantalizing game of Sexy Truth or Dare. Truth? Dare? Either way, you both win. (Papyrus, Sexy Truth or Dare, $14.95 at Yorkdale Shopping Centre).
For your crush: Julio Reyes’s pick (fashion blogger, Fashionnights.com)
3. Wear: A great date outfit is all about the details. These socks are a nod to Valentine’s Day red but their geometric camo print gives them a fashionable edge. Julio suggests the man about town wear them with anything from penny loafers to kicks. (Club Monaco, Recruit Sock in red, $23.50, at Yorkdale Shopping Centre).
4. Gift: Overdoing it on gifts early into a courtship can be off-putting for some. These bangles from Ann Taylor are playful and flirtatious. Julio likes several paired together for a bold statement. (Ann Taylor, Gumball Stretch Bracelet, $28 each, at Yorkdale Shopping Centre).
For your best friend: MT Meikle’s pick (Image Consultant, La Closette)
5. Wear: This blazer from one of Canada’s newest international imports, Ted Baker London, is perfect for Valentine’s Day drinks with friends. MT notes that the pink palette is bright without being overbearing. (Ted Baker London, Meeds blazer in bright pink, $250, only at Yorkdale Shopping Centre)
6. Gift: MT loves the latest collaboration between FEED and Links of London. This chic bracelet can symbolize your friendship and help fight hunger among children around the world. (Links of London at Yorkdale’s Holt Renfrew, FEED Heart Fuchsia Cord Bracelet, $145).
Images via Yorkdale