The menswear trend is back for Fall 2010, including everything from oversized boyfriend blazers to penny loafers.
But the biggest part of this seemed to be the masculine trousers seen at many of the fall shows, including Chloé, Celine, Dries van Noten, and Salvatore Ferragamo.
Rather than being loose fitting with a low-rise, high fashion’s version of the masculine pant for the modern woman is slim cut (while still having room to move), high-waisted, pleated in front, and hits around the ankle.
The pants can be silk, wool, tweed, or plaid, and they are best worn in autumn’s minimalist and earthy color scheme of browns, grays, and blacks.
Pair your trousers with a crisp button front shirt and blazer, like a man, or add a feminine twist by wearing a blouse in a retro 70s print, girlish floral pattern, or polka dots.
You can also switch the blazer out for a fitted leather jacket or shrunken denim jacket for an edgier take on things.
Check out these sweet, boyish trousers that are ready for you to style up.
1. Hanii Y Molton Pants from Shopbop – $295.00
2. Joie Lucinda Sandwashed Pants from Shopbop – $218.00
3. See by Chloe High Waisted Pants from Shopbop – $360.00
4. Scout Cropped Trousers from Nasty Gal – $52.00
5. Charcoal Cropped Trousers from Nasty Gal – $82.00
6. Horn Button Tapered Trousers from Topshop – $80.00