They say that motherhood is life's toughest job, and while there may not be any clear-cut way to navigate the many trials and tribulations, here are some of the ways I maintains balance in my life.
- I've always believed in the "work hard, play hard" motto and after working long hours for a number of weeks straight, I try to take some time off. It's important to not feel guilty about treating yourself. As mothers, we have to remember that we're doing the best we can (even if that doesn't always stop us from feeling guilty!).
- Don't forget about your husband or your girlfriends and plan things for yourself and for your family. Organization is key. I'm a strong believer in making lists and thinking ahead.
- Read the paper every day — even if it's just the top headlines.
- If you're not using a toy, give it away – it's very important to keep your house clean and organized.
- Cooking – you don’t need to make a four course meal every night. It's easy and can be a lot of fun just to bake some cookies. I plan my meals ahead on Sunday nights and I love using my freezer because when I'm in a pinch I can quickly defrost something.