Influence, the new coffee table book from Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, highlights artists, designers, and others who have influenced the twins over the past decade. The influential figures featured in the book include — Christian Louboutin, Lauren Hutton, Bob Colacello, Terry Richardson, Jack Pierson, Karl Lagerfeld, and Robert Lee Morris.
Ashley Olsen has been quoted as saying that those included are “the most interesting, challenging, creative people we know — the ones who helped pave the way for us and our generation.” Mary-Kate adds “Ashley and I interviewed the people who have inspired us, with the hope that they will inspire and teach others.”
Exclusive photographs of Ashley and Mary-Kate from world renowned photographer Rankin are also featured in the book along with a variety of other never-before-seen materials and interviews from Mary-Kate and Ashley’s personal collections.
This book is edited by fashion and arts writer Derek Blasberg and designed by Rodrigo Corral.
For true fans, the twins were on hand to sign copies of their newly released book at the Union Square Barnes & Noble, where stringent rules were set forth for the mob of 2000-plus fans (and the request PETA protestors). Racked.com shared them, see them below:
1) Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen will be with us for a limited time. They will only be signing copies of their book, Influence. They will not be speaking, reading or taking questions.
2) Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen will NOT sign any memorabilia or product other than Influence. There is a limit of one book per person, and your one book must be purchased here.
3) You will be directed to pay for your book upon entering the store and will be given a receipt for your purchase. Please keep your receipt. You will receive your book at the signing table.
4) Along with your receipt, you will be given a B&N wristband, and then directed to the event space on the 4th floor. You must have a receipt and a wristband to access the 4th floor.
5) Anyone approaching the signing table must have paid for the book and be wearing a B&N wristband. One person, one wristband, one book.
6) You will collect your signed book at the signing table. If you have paid for any additional copies, a staff member will provide you with those before you exit the space.
7) There is no photography allowed. You must put away your camera or cell phone before approaching the signing table. The authors will not pose for photos.
8) If you leave, or the authors leave, before you are able to collect a signed book, you may present your receipt to a cashier for either an unsigned book or a refund. (Refunds only issued within 14 days of receipt.)
9) There will be no extra signed copies available after the authors leave the store. They will not be able to sign for anyone who is not on line. No pre-orders.
Images courtesy of the Fashion Spot forums.