Fashion’s elite were honored last night at Lincoln Center’s Alice Tully Hall in New York City as part of the 2013 CFDA Fashion Awards. The awards presented by the Council of Fashion Designers of America and underwritten by Swarovski celebrate the best of the best in several categories. Here’s a breakdown of this year’s winners.
- Womenswear Designer of the Year: Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez for Proenza Schouler
- Menswear Designer of the Year: Thom Browne
- Accessories Designer of the Year: Phillip Lim
- Swarovski Award for Womenswear: Max Osterweis and Erin Beatty for Suno
- Swarovski Award for Menswear: Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne for Public School
- Swarovski Award for Accessories: Pamela Love
- The Founder’s Award in Honor of Eleanor Lambert: Oscar de la Renta
- Board of Directors’ Tribute: Colleen Atwood
- Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award: Vera Wang
- International Award: Riccardo Tisci for Givenchy
- The Media Award in Honor of of Eugenia Sheppard: Tim Blanks
Now to the fun part. The stars came out in full force wearing fashion-forward ensembles to help showcase the nominated designers. Let’s take a look at some of the more interesting outfits from the black carpet.