We all know that we need to lather our skin with a daily dose of SPF sun protection, but many don’t realize that hair requires similar protection to defend itself against damaging UVA and UVB rays.
This is especially important for those of us with color-treated and highlighted hair.
With fast rising temperatures, here are few products to help safeguard your color, replenish your sun-stressed strands, treat previously incurred damage, and ward off dull, frizzy, tangled hair.
- Oribe Shampoo for Beautiful Color ($36): helps protect against the damaging effects of the sun and environmental pollutants.
- Oribe Conditioner for Beautiful Color ($39): Designed to be used in tandem with the Oribe shampoo to protect and treat colored hair.
- Kerastase Masque UV Defense Active ($58): An intense after-sun treatment, for once-a-week use.
- Rene Furterer Protective Summer Oil ($23): tame your frizz, impart some shine, and protect your mane with this product that’s formulated with naturally protective sesame oil and UV sunscreen.
- Phyto Plage Set ($44): this set contains Protective Beach Spray and Moisturizing Hair and Body Wash with Bamboo Marrow, both of which help treat hair that has been exposed to sun, salt, and chlorine.
- Just for Me! Soft & Beautiful 2-in-1 Hair Conditioning Detangler ($2.99): after your dip in the pool, use this product to soften and detangle your hair.
- Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion ($3.49): avoid seeing your curls fall flat in the frizz-inducing humidity with this foaming lotion.
- Redken Color Extend Sun Solar Screen SPF 12 ($17.38): quick and easy, just spritz this on before sun exposure for added protection and a bit of shine.